Tonight we had a big birthday party that we attended and since it was an opportunity to dress up we decided to go all out. I bought a new dress (I don’t even know when the last time I did that was) and I already know I will have a – out of the ordinary – chance to wear it again two or three times in the coming months.
It’s so odd to think about how much I love shopping now. I went into one of my new favourite stores, pulled a bunch of options in mediums, and had zero problems getting into each and every one of them. It is wonderful to know that so many clothing barriers are no longer an issue at this weight.
I have to say though that the best part about the dress I bought is that there is nothing about it that I ever would have gone near before. The print, the bright colour, the cut: none of those would have appealed to me 120-plus pounds ago. I love that this whole experience has opened up so many new avenues!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 4 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, apple, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 golden delicious apple with cinnamon
- 1 pear
- 1 1/2 cups carrot sticks
- 1 small Mandarin orange
- 2 glasses white wine
- 1 mini quiche
- 3 cups broccoli, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and podded peas with garden ranch dip
- 3/4 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1 small piece chocolate cake with custard filling and icing
- 45 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down