I was pretty proud of myself for deciding to get a salad tonight instead of indulging in the four large pizzas that were ordered to feed the group at the birthday party I was a part of this evening. I truly felt like I was back on track. Then they brought out the cake. I took a relatively small piece, but now I am feeling a bit guilty. I didn’t need it. It looked (and tasted) so good that I guess I was worried that if I turned it down I would feel deprived. Where has my resolve disappeared to?
I’m not sure why I am struggling more than I have been with the food this week. I am happy, feeling well, and still wanting to drop a little more weight. But I am battling with just caving in lately. I have been demonstrating less determination and more complacency. I need to get back to basics.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 3 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, apple, and Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 9 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple
- 2 cups celery with light peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 4 cups salad with sliced deli ham, grated cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, black olives, onion, and honey mustard dressing
- 2 bites Hawaiian pizza
- 1 slice strawberry cheesecake ice cream cake
- 1 hour of rowing a dragon boat