This has got to be brief! Today was a good day in general, but a bit lackadaisical on the healthy lifestyle front. I didn’t really do anything in the way of exercise plus quite a few treats and overly processed foods managed to find their way into my mouth. I am planning on doing much better tomorrow, but I know that we have a family dinner to attend in the evening which tends to limit my options. I will make the best choices I can!
I am so excited and nervous about the big race tomorrow! I really hope that I can do it… 10K seems like such a long distance! I can only imagine what the old me would have thought if someone had told her a year ago that she would be planning on running in such an event. Let’s just say that a sense of disbelief would be a gross underestimate of what that reaction would have looked like.
I am off to try and get a good’s night rest in preparation for the morning’s activities! I hope I can sleep! Wish me luck!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water
- 9 inch wood-fired baguette with ham, brie, lettuce, apple and pear chutney, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard
- 5 individually wrapped clotted cream fudges
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup maple nut oat cereal
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein drink
- 1 banana
- 6 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 5 pieces of a dynamite sushi roll with soy sauce
- 4 bites of a baked pita with cheesy spinach dip
- 4 sweet potato fries with garlic dip
- 3 cups salad with goat cheese, spicy glazed pecans, dried cranberries, roasted red peppers, apple slices, and mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 piece of cornbread
- 1 mug cherry white chocolate steamed skim milk
- 30 stomach crunches