Wednesday, August 12, 2009

266

The 266 that names this blog is the ugly truth that stared back at me from my in-laws bathroom floor one evening a few months ago after a typical home cooked holiday feast. I was sure the scale was broken. I knew I was tipping two fifty, but I couldn't actually be two hundred and sixty-six pounds, could I? Sure, it wasn't the stark naked, first thing in the morning, right after finishing that time of the month 'ideal' conditions for weighing myself, but I was flabbergasted that it could possibly be that high. What could I do about it?!? There was only one solution... I went and had dessert. Yup. That pretty much sums up my eating pattern for the last decade and a half.

Beginning this journal I weigh in at a smidge under two hundred and fifty-five pounds - eleven down from my highest number, but seven up from where I was at the end of June. I thought I had finally found my groove, but I'm right back where I was such a short time ago. It's so frustrating! I've played this game too many times and I don't want to continue coming up short. I want a long term solution and I need to ditch this stereotypical yo-yo'ing that I've been doing.

I am starting this blog to help keep myself on track. My plan is to advertise the URL on a website or two to try and attract some followers who will help keep me in check. One of my main failings in my past weight loss efforts has been that I don't hold myself accountable, so I am hoping that some nice people out there will basically stay on my tail, encourage me when I'm doing well, and kick butt when I have been letting things slide. I am not looking for abuse, but guidance, suggestions, wisdom, understanding, and advice are more than welcome!

15 comments:

  1. The best of luck to you! You can do it!

    South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I saw your comment on Cranky Fitness and just thought I would stop by and say hello. Your blog is great, and if your experience is anything like mine, it will be a great tool for weight loss. I wish you the best in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we weigh in on the same day! And my weight today was the same as yours! So you've got lots of people who are hoping for the same thing - achieving a healthier lifestyle. Myself included. I'd like to loose about 90 lbs.

    I've never been a blog follower, but I saw your post on WW, I'm a member too. So I hope to figure out how this stuff works and offer some support.

    I've got to take this journey seriously. Thanks for being public with yours!

    All the best this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a huge step going public like this! When I first started WW no one knew except my Mum. When I got home after my first meeting I knew I also had to fess up to my partner. A week later I took the plunge and put it on my blog. I knew that making it that public would keep me accountable. The amount of support that poured in from my readers was just amazing. I've reported each and ever weigh in ... the good, the bad, and the ugly. For each WI I've had a fantastic cheering section from my readers.

    Stick with it, and you can definately do it... I started out at 207 (my highest and I'm 5ft2) and I've gotten down to 145 over 60lbs later it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, if I can do it, ANYBODY can do it, lol! I still have a way to go, but I have lost 52lbs since March and I am still going strong. Believe me too when I say that it does actually get easier.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be done, and with the help of all us blogging buddies, you will succeed. Baby steps, persistance, eating right and exercise. With the occasional High fives, at a girls, don't give ups, and your doing greats, you will be one slim and trim lady before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am honestly sitting here with tears in my eyes! Thank you all so much! I feel like with this amount of encouragement that I can really make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for helping as inspiration. Some months ago I lost my mom and broke up with the father of my 12 months old baby. It has been a difficult year. During my pregnancy I put on 25 kilos ( dont know in pounds how much that is) and now I need to loose 8 to be back in shape, and it has been hard. specially home alone with a small baby...and feelling quite sad about my mom s lost and im not in my home country, so hard to find support in my family... anyways,
    I need to find as well the motivation you found, so it is great to read your story and se how fantastic you look! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowww you have done such a fantastic job gal ... really amazing ! I just started on my journey a month ago, and I really want to go all the way to achieve my goal ! How I wish I had started with you a year back ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, very inspirational stuff here. Your pics are incredible. I attended my first (this attempt) WW meeting yesterday. Seems I started off really well today... packed a truckload of food to take to work, ate breakie, drank lots of water. THEN ate almost everything that wasn't nailed down. Namely 10 maybe 12 little chocolate bars, a hot dog and some yellow death (KD). I'm going to my treadmill to end the day on a positive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there. Your video was truly inspirational. I want to start a blog for exactly the same reason you did. It's time to take control of what I put into my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for being such an inspirational person. I have read through some of you blog and it's people like you that keep others going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok I have been looking for a leader....I stumbled onto your Blog and knew it was meant to be. I am currently at 326 here I go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for the inspiration and wonderful blog. My highest on the scale has been 254, but I never had the courage to weigh after a big family dinner. Fanastic blog.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker