Midlife Swimmer from Swimming It Off has proposed a challenge that I just couldn't resist! She has suggested a fitness goal that simply consists of getting to the pool to exercise three times and to encourage at least one other person to workout in the water as well. The closing date for accomplishing all of this is June 21st - the first day of summer.
I love this! Not only will it incorporate a new activity into my normal routine, but it also promotes the spreading of healthy choices and the sharing of discussions about fitness with other individuals. Her post even examines some of the hang ups that many of us feel when considering donning a bathing suit and expresses how unfounded such hesitation is; the argument for swimming is undeniably strong.
One of the things that I loved most about this challenge is that it comes from a place of passion. It is so important to find the elements that will make us successful on this journey and I really think that Midlife Swimmer has done that. I also believe that such a genuinely enthusiastic approach to helping others explore new realms of fitness deserves to be supported. I guess what I'm saying is that, when it comes to this new project, I can't wait to get my feet wet!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 1 egg white wrap on a whole wheat tortilla shell with feta cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 mugs cherry white chocolate steamed skim milk
- 3 cups orange pepper, broccoli, carrots, and celery with dill dip
- 1 Ritz cracker with cheese
- 2 sandwiches on brown bread with ham, cheese slices, and margarine
- 2 chocolate cupcakes with icing
- 2 cups spaghetti with meat and vegetable sauce
- 2 cups salad with lettuce, celery, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, grated carrot, peppers, cubed cheese, and sweet onion dressing
- 1 toasted sourdough English muffin with egg, bacon, and cheese
- 1 slice of lemon and raspberry loaf with lemon icing
- 30 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down