Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No Weigh!

Sometimes taking care of our emotional and mental needs really does have to take precedence over everything else. By no means am I neglecting my physical self nor operating off track, but my priorities for this mini vacation are different than they normally are. And I think that's a good thing. I'm so glad I decided to get away for a couple of days! I may even sleep in tomorrow...

One interesting thought that I had when I was on my way here was confirmed upon my arrival. I have no scale. My official weigh-ins only take place on Saturdays, but I actually check my weight every morning (and occasionally at different points in the afternoon or evening too). It has been an invaluable tool for me to assess the day to day and while I know that it is not something that would be of use to everyone, I have personally found this practice very helpful. Being able to view the fluctuations throughout the week without becoming emotionally tied to the ebb and flow of the numbers is so important, and I believe that I do a really good job of staying detached in that aspect. But, now that I am suddenly put in a position where I haven't any access to a scale, I must admit I am feeling a bit out of sorts.

It makes me a little nervous to think about winging it for a couple of days without the reassurance of knowing exactly where I am at. Generally, if I see a big jump I can assess whether it is due to hormones, sodium, or simply overeating and I can make a tiny adjustment - often just in my attitude - to keep me seeing progress. But suddenly I am flying blind!

Oh well. I suppose it is good practice; I will certainly have other times in my life where a scale will not be available and I will just have to deal with it then too. I just really hope that I manage to stay on track so that I don't have any nasty surprises come weigh day!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 2 egg wrap on a soft tortilla shell with grated cheese, red, orange, and green pepper, onion, and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup cranberry almond granola cereal
- 1 cup dehydrated apple, peach, and pear
- 1 mug cherry white chocolate steamed skim milk
- 15 lemon lime flavoured sports energy jelly beans

EXERCISE:
- 1 hour and 5 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down

10 comments:

  1. looks good, have fun on your mini vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time and YES think of it as a little practice session.
    Think about how you FEEL in your body and not about any numbers.


    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you slept in, and snored and loved every minute of it!
    Gotta take a break now and then.... ya just gotta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a great mini vacation - scale or no scale!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy yourself and hope you get lots o' rest

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you have a awesome vaca!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a wonderful vacation!!

    I hear ya on the scale.. i'm a daily watcher (sometimes twice/thrice a day..) too. You'll do fine, you've learned some great habits/skills these past several months.

    and WOW...first time i've properly checked out your blog.. your stats are amazing!!! and so are your photos! You have a lot to be proud of. You have really done it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! I am having such a great time out here - scale or no scale! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker