One interesting thought that I had when I was on my way here was confirmed upon my arrival. I have no scale. My official weigh-ins only take place on Saturdays, but I actually check my weight every morning (and occasionally at different points in the afternoon or evening too). It has been an invaluable tool for me to assess the day to day and while I know that it is not something that would be of use to everyone, I have personally found this practice very helpful. Being able to view the fluctuations throughout the week without becoming emotionally tied to the ebb and flow of the numbers is so important, and I believe that I do a really good job of staying detached in that aspect. But, now that I am suddenly put in a position where I haven't any access to a scale, I must admit I am feeling a bit out of sorts.
It makes me a little nervous to think about winging it for a couple of days without the reassurance of knowing exactly where I am at. Generally, if I see a big jump I can assess whether it is due to hormones, sodium, or simply overeating and I can make a tiny adjustment - often just in my attitude - to keep me seeing progress. But suddenly I am flying blind!
Oh well. I suppose it is good practice; I will certainly have other times in my life where a scale will not be available and I will just have to deal with it then too. I just really hope that I manage to stay on track so that I don't have any nasty surprises come weigh day!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 2 egg wrap on a soft tortilla shell with grated cheese, red, orange, and green pepper, onion, and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup cranberry almond granola cereal
- 1 cup dehydrated apple, peach, and pear
- 1 mug cherry white chocolate steamed skim milk
- 15 lemon lime flavoured sports energy jelly beans
- 1 hour and 5 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down