I have returned safe and sound and am currently typing away on my new netbook while lying next to my fabulous husband. There really is no place like home!
We managed to hit an old work friend’s music gig tonight which was greatly entertaining. I even got my man up and dancing with me for a few songs. I love the dual fun factor and calorie burn that grooving provides!
One of the best parts of the evening though was that my old co-worker had no idea about the weight loss and last saw me pretty much exactly a year ago right near my heaviest. When I first went up to him tonight he had no idea who I was and was amazed when he realized that it was me. He kept on telling me that I was ‘freaking him out’ by how different I looked!
He is actually someone who always supported my weight loss efforts as he lost a significant amount himself before I knew him (about seventy pounds), and so I think he understood how hard it can be. I was pretty excited to meet up with him tonight to show him what I have accomplished. His reaction couldn’t have made me prouder.
My time away was such a great investment. I feel refreshed, recharged, and rejuvenated. I didn’t get nearly the amount of writing done that I had hoped, but I still think the trip was extremely worthwhile. I feel like I am back in sync with myself!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 5 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 9 inch wood-fired baguette with ham, brie, lettuce, apple and pear chutney, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard
- 1 lavender shortbread cookie
- 1 mug coconut steamed soy milk
- 2 1/2 cups celery with light peanut butter
- 1 scoop key lime ice cream and 1 scoop cotton candy on a waffle ice cream cone
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 2 small Mandarin oranges
- 1 hour of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down
- 2 hours of walking around sightseeing
- 20 minutes of dancing