Sunday, August 22, 2010

Soaked, Burnt, And Whipped

Contrary to what the title of this post may suggest, I was not tortured today. Well, at least not by anyone else’s hand…

I paddled four races in a dragon boating regatta on a woman’s team, plus I agreed to sub in for another two for a mixed team. I am beyond wiped! Seriously, everything seems like an effort right now.

I also got a bad sunburn complete with lines straight across my wrists where my paddling gloves were – it looks pretty ridiculous and feels worse. My skin seems tight even after piling on the moisturizer. Ugh! I am going to be sore in more ways than one tomorrow!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 11 glasses of water
- 2 slices whole wheat toast with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 2 cups fruit salad with peaches, garden yellow plums, strawberries, and blueberries
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 2 Spartan apples
- 1 cranberry almond multi-grain bar
- 2 cups yam fries with spicy mayonnaise
- 1 cheeseburger on a hamburger bun with bacon, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, and mayonnaise
- 1 bite of a deep fried oyster with tartar sauce

EXERCISE:
- 9 hours at a dragon boating regatta (approximately 1 hour on the water)

3 comments:

  1. great job. looks like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!!! I can't wait to try dragon boats next year!!! I love being on the water. Hope you start feeling better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker