Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Dance Would Be A Lot More Fun

I was grumpy today which is relatively unusual. Even if I have stressors in my life, I don’t normally let them interfere with how I interact with the world. I certainly don’t think that I was unpleasant to be around, but I didn’t feel right either.

I suspect that it was because of the disappointment I felt yesterday; I believe it has left me with some hurt feelings for which I really have no recourse. I think there’s some anxiety mixed in there too. Regardless, I was definitely irritable today.

The food intake was not great although it wasn’t a complete nosedive either. The official exercise was nearly non-existent, but I did get in more movement and activity throughout my day than I normally do. I guess I sort of feel like I am in limbo.

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 3 homemade chocolate dipped marshmallow treats
- 2 wraps on soft tortilla shells with deli ham, cheese, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup whole grain Cheerios cereal
- 1 wrap on soft tortilla shell with deli turkey and baba ganoush
- 1/2 wrap on soft tomato tortilla shell with baba ganoush
- 1 breaded fish burger on a hamburger bun with cheese, lettuce, and tartar sauce
- 2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 2 pieces garlic bread on white bread

EXERCISE:
- 10 squats

7 comments:

  1. The fact that you keep going through that drive thru to get that ice cream suggests to me that you don't even want to eat healthily. Even your husband wanted you to stop eating it but you keep going back. It might be a treat when you're eating super healthy, but at the moment it's just crap food on top of crap food.

    Cardio exercise is non-negotiable for health. What happened to the runner?

    Last time you weighed in you were on the borderline of being overweight again. Stop before it's too late. Losing the weight the second time is 10x harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my former sister-inlaw is a script drug abuser, it ruined her life. She lost her prof career, her husb, her children, her home and her mind. I tried to help her but she became so high maintenance that it was wearing me down. she did all the taking and actually expected to be taken care of..it wasn't until she had to go to jail for her addiction that she came to her senses. she actually was abusing the kindnesses toward her. what are you doing with all these posts that have gone unacknowledged? what about all the people that are broken and hurting over your abuse of yourself? they are as real as you are. can't you help them? i know you are entitled to your on privacy...but when you put it out there for the world to see expect feedback. it is a blog, not a lock and key diary. you have been given many ideas to incorporate into you daily routines, support, love, some not so nice kick in the pants but you are not responding to anything. you know what to do but you continue to abuse yourself. what will it take for you to come to your senses???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled on your blog. You are an inspiration to me and many others that will never step out of the anonymity of the Internet. You have lost 100 pounds and that is an amazing accomplishment!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's an easy way to eliminate the temptation to eat homemade sweets around the house - DON'T MAKE THEM!

    We know you're having a tough time. Trust me, I've been there, too. But the easiest way to keep yourself from eating things you shouldn't is to STAY AWAY from them! It's clear that your willpower is waning, so your best bet is to remove yourself from situations where you will be tempted. Clear out your kitchen and pantry and stop making goodies!

    Stock up on fruit!! This is what God intended us to eat as dessert. It's sweet, filling, and healthy. Make yourself eat a piece of fruit with every meal as a dessert.

    One of my favorite quick desserts is a baked apple - I slice and core an apple and throw it in the microwave in a covered dish with 1 tbsp sugar and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg for 3 minutes. You don't even really need that much sugar, and you can use Splenda or other sweetener. Freeze some nonfat vanilla yogurt and throw that on top, and it's like a yummy baked apple with "ice cream." AND it's about 1/3 of the calories of your McFlurry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel better knowing that you have bad days too. What that tells me that bad days don't mean that I have to give up and just accept being overweight because, you have bad days and you've still accomplished so much! You're almost there and they say those last 15-20 lbs are the hardest. Don't forget too with all the exercising you're doing you're gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so if the scale looks like limbo it may not be. Chin up, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've had a rough day. You don't owe your readers a damn thing. Seriously.

    It's your life. Live it. Be present.

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing through the good and the bad!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker