Friday, November 5, 2010

Supportive Comments

I have the best husband! I had an okay day today – it was just sort of so-so. But then my wonderful man made my whole week by showing me just how much he cares! I am so lucky to have someone in my life who is willing to put in the occasional extra effort to make me feel special.

And it really is relevant to weight loss and healthy living, I think. To feel supported and like someone really cares is invaluable to someone like me who is struggling to return to better choices. Things seem easier and more simplified when my more anxious emotions are tempered with feeling loved and valued. I still need to operate healthily when things are not so great, but it really is nice to have that additional support once in a while!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 2 bananas
- 3 cheese rice cakes
- 1 mug eggnog steamed skim milk
- 1 cream cheese pumpkin muffin
- 1 sandwich on sunflower bread with deli ham, cheese, lettuce, and Dijon mustard
- 1 small piece of a chocolate and caramel pecan bar
- 1 pumpkin scone with icing
- 1/2 cherry frozen yogurt tube
- 1/2 strawberry frozen yogurt tube
- 1/2 peach frozen yogurt tube
- 3 cups macaroni and cheese with pepper
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1/2 cup lemon meringue yogurt with 1/2 cup cocoa Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup fat free mango-passion fruit yogurt with 1/2 cup cocoa Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 homemade chocolate chip muffin
- 1 piece of a cranberry gingerbread bar with icing

EXERCISE:
- 50 minutes of walking completed in 2 outings (both 25 minutes long)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. It is so important to have a supportive partner. My husband is the same, thankfully. I feel like you may have been sending a message to commenters on your blog here as well (especially recently :)). I hope everything is okay...or at least getting better. One step at a time right? We can do this!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. A supportive partner / family can really help when you are struggling but you need to rely on yourself to make this happen. At the end of the day YOU are the one who decides what you eat. Each mouthful is your choice.

    And on that subject, it's great to see your water consumption back where it needs to be but five dessert items in one day is excessive! Two muffins, a scone, two cake bars and a whole cup of coco rice crispies.. these items have no real nutritional value and are stuffed with sugar which will only increase your craving for it.

    You will do better if you restrict your treats to ONE PER DAY. Remember there will be other opportunities to eat these things. Today was not your last chance ever, to eat a gingerbread bar with icing.

    It comes down to this; How much do you really want to reach your goal? If we say nothing on here, are we enabling or encouraging your excess? If we comment, and attempt to be supportive, or suggest solutions, do you read them and think about how to avoid those pitfalls the next day?

    Almost everyone who comments here is rooting for you to succeed. You do not need to be an example or a beacon for us to follow. You need to do this for YOU because it is the best thing for you. Some of us have already lost big numbers, we have done this for ourselves and fully understand the struggle you face, we have fought these battles and won.

    We simply want the same success for you. Yoda said "Do or do not. There is no try." I think he had a good point. You can't "try" not to eat cake... just DON'T eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are fortunate to have a husband that can make you feel so cared for and supportive. I have a good one too and I know what you mean. When we first got together, I was so surprised that just having his unconditional love didn't make me automatically lose weight. Turns out I still have to do it myself!
    You are such an inspriation to me. I LOVE your photos.
    Thank you for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker