Monday, November 29, 2010

Riding The Elevator

It was definitely an up and down day. I started off alright, but then when I was on my way into a mall I caught the scent of fresh baked doughnuts and it quickly drove me over the edge. I went and bought three. However, after I wolfed down the first one I took a few bites of the second and realized that I didn’t need it all so I put it back into the bag. I did the same with the third – eating about half – and then I rushed over to a nearby garbage can and threw out what was left before I justified consuming any more. It was a very minor, sort of bitter-sweet, victory, but I’ll take it.

Then in the evening I could not stop the munching. I even went and made a tiny batch of marshmallow treats because I didn’t want to risk leaving the house in search of something sweet and resultantly returning with a grocery bag packed with junk food. At least I finally got in some decent walking this afternoon. All in all it was not a stellar day, yet I know that a couple of weeks ago it would have been much, much worse.

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 3 butter toffee rice cakes
- 12 inch sub on a Parmesan oregano bun with deli ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, green pepper, honey mustard sauce, light mayonnaise, and pepper
- 1 glazed doughnut
- 4 bites of a chocolate long John with sprinkles
- 1/2 apple fritter
- 1 heated carrot muffin with margarine
- 2 scrambled eggs with cheese
- 1 tangerine
- 1 homemade oatmeal raisin cookie
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 hot dogs on whole wheat hot dog buns with cheese, light mayonnaise, mustard, and relish
- 1 mug hot chocolate with miniature marshmallows and milk
- 2 slices cranberry whole grain toast with margarine
- 4 homemade chocolate marshmallow treats

EXERCISE:
- 1 hour and 5 minutes of walking completed in 3 outings (30 minutes long, 15 minutes long, and 20 minutes long)

11 comments:

  1. And the fact that it would have been worse makes yesterday a victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on showing some restraint girl. You're right...it was still better than a couple of weeks ago, and anytime you catch yourself "in the act", and opt to throw out the bad crap instead of saying "oh well" and finishing it off, is always a victory....proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I starting reading your writings and really enjoyed them and was inspired by them. I commend you for throwing away the donuts. I just finished my blog and had an evening of snacking one things after another, unfortunately, I didn't stop myself, but I am hoping to next time. Anyway, after posting my munching post, I read yours and it was just what I needed to read to throw it out next time. Tammy's right, anytime to can stop yourself is a victory. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you can acknowledge this achievement, for it does represent positive change. Especially in the fact that you became aware enough to closely observe your behavior and make better choices (so often being aware is the most elusive part of this challenge).

    I agree with Miz, that is a VICTORY. You're a champion dear girl.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those of you tired of watching "266" post the same foods over and over again, not post her weight, and ignore your comments and support ... please feel free to visit my blog. I am just getting started but I could use some active commentators like all of you through my journey. I'm in week 4 now and have lost 13.5 lbs so far. Additionally, not only am I posting my food intake and exercise but I am also posting the calories in and calories out as a result of the food/exercise.

    I'm going to do what "266" has done but I'm not going to quit or give up when I plateau like she did in June and I'm going to need ALL of you to help me remember that promise when the time comes.

    Here's the link: http://rejecting300.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. harsh @rejecting 300! losing weight is not easy, that is why so many of us struggle. don't get cocky, that will be your downfall. losing it is not the hard part, maintaining it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems to me that those turning point mid stream decisions are the biggest deal. We do not operate like and on/off switch. It takes time, momentum and good thoughts to get to good actions.

    You're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rejecting 300 - I would be careful to judge without having been in 266's shoes. Very careful. All it takes is one slip to get off this journey to health and it can happen to ANY of us!!!! (including Oprah, with all of her money!) Frankly, you didn't make any friends by dissing our 266!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with Dawne and WEejun--while it's very distressing to see someone who has been inspiring to me sort of go food ballistic, I realize it can happen to ANY OF US and that if 98% of people who lose weight regain it, then none of us can know which of us will or will nto succeed for life. We can hope and wish and pray, but we cannot know. I take what's happening now with 266 as a cautionary tale of how a successful journey can go awry. But I do not lose faith in 266's ability to turn things around.

    Always remember: "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

    I'd like to make it to goal weight and stay there....and wouldn't we all?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker