I awoke from my slumber this morning fairly slowly and was able to recall a lot of what I had been dreaming about as I gently drifted into full consciousness. It was all about food.
Specifically I can remember that I was at a restaurant with at least one friend and she was trying to get me to order a hot toddy. I turned it down, however, because I knew that it was largely made up of butter (apparently my sleeping brain mixed the drink up with hot buttered rum).
Next I started ordering items from the menu, but I was flip-flopping between being really good and not caring at all. Basically I would refuse to order any fries because they were bad for me, and then I would ask for onion rings. I contemplated and decided against a huge greasy burger, but wound up requesting an enormous plate of chicken chow mien. I wouldn’t consider getting the fancy pasta with cream sauce, yet I had no qualms about diving into a massive slab of cheesecake topped with whip and caramel sauce. These are just a few examples as this went on for a while.
Then – and I remember this very clearly – I noticed that they had white chocolate eggnog truffle steamed milk! Does such a thing even exist?! Did my mind seriously create this unbelievably tempting, yet evil, flavour?
Finally, I recall that there was a machine that we could take all the food to – or more accurately duplicates of the food, since I ate most of what I ordered – in the back of the restaurant that measured out how many calories everything had when you tossed items into its opening. After throwing everything I had consumed in, it turned out I had already had 3000 calories in that one sitting. Then after putting the few things into the machine that I was still debating eating, it turned out that the tally came in at 5000 calories. That’s when I remembered that the next day was my weigh-in.
I have no idea what that dream was all about, but it was technically food related so I figured it warranted a journal entry. Now if I can just figure out how to make a low fat version of that steamed milk and come up with a prototype for the calorie counting machine I’ll be rich!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water
- 3/4 cup fat free lemon chiffon yogurt
- 1 piece of homemade low fat, low calorie zucchini bread with margarine
- 1 bite of a pumpkin spice scone
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli turkey breast, grated cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups celery and orange pepper with calorie-wise three cheese ranch dressing
- 2 cups steamed asparagus with margarine
- 3 miniature Mandarin oranges
- 1 fiber chocolate delite bar
- 3 cups spinach salad with 1 light Laughing Cow wedge, croutons, dried cranberries, red pepper, green onion, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 50 minute walk
- 30 minutes of the C25K program (Day 3 of Week 1)
- 45 minute workout video