I feel like I have been doing a touch too much celebratory eating over these past few days. I haven’t had anything really awful – and, yes, I even include the McDonald’s cheeseburger from yesterday in that sentiment since it is a complete anomaly and much better than the super-sized meal it would have been just over six months ago – but I still think that I need to reign it in.
I don’t want to become too lax just because I hit a big milestone or due to the fact that I am quickly becoming happier with my body and health. I certainly don’t want to start undoing all my hard work and I know that I have it in me to push to my posted goal weight and beyond. I’m not done yet!
Just to be clear with myself, being out with a friend who wants sushi is not a good enough reason to have that particular item when I was initially planning on salad. Opting for fast food, when I felt like commemorating a personal victory, just because the healthier options didn’t seem exciting enough is not a great plan. Being in a wonderful mood is not cause to regularly order fancy coffeehouse drinks.
I have been in such an incredibly positive place the past few days, but I really need to remind myself to stay focused. After all, continuing to be committed to this new lifestyle will give me a lot more to be happy about in the long run than enjoying a few treats in the here and now will ever provide.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cocoa coconut cluster energy bar
- 8 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 mug of coconut steamed skim milk
- 3/4 low fat spiced apple yogurt with 1/2 cup granola cereal
- 3 cups orange pepper and mushrooms with calorie-wise three cheese ranch dressing
- 35 minute step workout video
- 35 minute belly dancing workout video
- 25 minutes of the C25K program (Day 2 of Week 3)