Most people who have been following this blog for some time now know that I have been absolutely awful for responding to comments, questions, etc. for the past several months. It has been something I have felt that I had to drastically reduce (and, let’s be honest, practically eliminate altogether) in order to continue this online journal with any degree of success whatsoever. Even recently, with me finally building up a tiny bit of progress again, I have just not been able to bring myself to be there more fully for the online community when I am struggling so much to keep my own head above the water. I know how horrible that sounds. I’m just doing the best that I can…
But every once in a while something reaches me – there’s no rhyme or reason to what it is; I think it more depends on my mood du jour than anything else. Today was one of those days.
So thank you very, very much Kristi for the award. I don’t really feel like I deserve it, and I am hoping that this minor baring of the soul will serve in place of a more formal cooperation with the rules of ‘tell five of my guilty pleasures’, yet it means a lot that people out there still get a little something from my writing. This journey is so worth it, and this was exactly what I needed today to remember that.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 5 glasses of water
- 2 slices cheese toast on white bread
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt with 1 cup wheat flake granola cereal
- 35 small wheat crackers with 2 light Laughing Cow wedges and hot pepper jelly
- 12 inch sub on a white bun with egg salad, lettuce, and butter
- 1 extra large glass piña colada slushy drink
- 2 1/2 cups fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 garlic toast wedge
- 1 heated bacon and cheese biscuit with butter
- 10 squats