2010 was a year of experiences! Some were exceptional, some mundane, some joyous and blissful, and others difficult and trying. All of them were necessary in their own way.
I have learned a great deal over these past twelve months – the least of which is not that maintaining is really, really hard. This weight loss journey has been a momentous one for me, but I know that I have stumbled for more than my fair share of the past few months.
I was so focused on the losses that I don’t think I planned out well enough how to sustain my weight once it was at a healthy level. I know that I have accomplished a great deal - I lost over 100 pounds! But I have a lot more work to do still and, fortunately, I am feeling up to it. I know this is coming off as the typical New Year’s resolution, but it is what it is. We all employ the tools that we have available and find the successes that we can through such means.
At any rate, I know that I need to slip back into the dropping mode for a short while to return to a place where I am happier with my weight. However, the main focus will soon need to be learning how to incorporate the lessons I have learned so far on this journey and applying them to maintaining.
2010 was an amazing year, but 2011 will be truly exceptional!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 2 glasses of water
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup frosted wheat cereal
- 1 large piña colada slushy drink
- 1 1/4 cup French fries with salt and honey mustard sauce
- 2 cheeseburgers on hamburger buns with onion, ketchup, and mustard
- 2 glasses root beer
- 12 inch sub on a Parmesan oregano bun with deli ham, deli turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, black olives, onion, mayonnaise, honey mustard, and pepper
- 1 white chocolate macadamia nut cookie
- 10 squats