What a wonderful day! I saw a good friend get married today and I simply couldn’t be happier for her! She and her new husband are amazing people and it absolutely fills my heart to know that they find joy and peace with one another. The wedding, reception, and atmosphere of celebration were exceptional and I had a great time being a part of it all!
And, there was another very fun component to the day as well. I got to see a number of people that I haven’t seen in months, or - in some cases - even years, who were really taken aback by my transformation! I was told that I looked ‘very Sex in the City’, ‘amazing’, ‘incredible’, and ‘foxy’! My hubby even slipped in a ‘sensational’ or two to round out the compliments!
There were a few people who were so surprised that they kept on shaking their heads and saying, “I just can’t believe how you look!” And a couple of others actually didn’t even recognize me at first (one of whom I just saw yesterday, before my phenomenal haircut)!
I don’t think I have ever had so many people have so many nice things to say about my appearance at one time. Even when I got married I remember a lot more compliments about how genuine and beautiful the wedding was more than about how I looked. It was a real confidence boost to hear all the nice things that people had to say today.
At any rate, the whole day was a lot of fun! I was able to help out with set up a bit in the morning, attend a fabulous ceremony in the afternoon, and enjoy the dinner and dancing that the evening brought. I think what they say may be true… blondes really do have more fun!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup corn bran square cereal
- 2 slices toast with white bread containing whole grains, light peanut butter, and light strawberry jam
- 1 cup of a mixed pomegranate and orange slushie
- 1 peanut butter chocolate bar
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 white dinner roll with herb butter
- 2 gherkin pickles
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad
- 1/2 cup potato salad
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice with vegetables
- 1 piece barbecued chicken
- 1 slice roast beef
- 4 slices jalapeño cheese with ham
- 1 cup pasta salad
- 1 piece lemon wedding cake
- 1 tiny piece tiramisu cake
- 1 tiny piece black forest cake
- 1 tiny piece caramel cake
- 1 tiny piece carrot cake
- 1 1/2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 30 minutes of intermittent dancing