I went jogging today! It has been over a month since I last went for a run, so I am feeling very proud and excited about the fact that I actually got off my behind and did it this morning!
I did four running intervals of seven minutes each with a minute of walking in between. I felt like that was a pretty good reintroduction to the activity. I started out aiming to do fifteen or twenty minutes of five minute sections, but I was able to keep going without any problem. I could have done a few more minutes for each run, but I didn’t want to push myself after these last few weeks of not doing it at all.
When I was doing my third interval I even got a rush of energy that prompted me to contemplate adding on a little extra time. However, as I was half way through my final one, that musing was quickly reconsidered as my new found get-up-and-go got up and went. I felt great when I was done, but I think it was a good thing that I didn’t press myself to do too much. I want to remember the fun parts of running and not get bogged down by feeling like it is a chore.
So, for a change, I am really pleased with my workout today! Now I just need to keep it up!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 banana
- 2 narrow slices toasted white calabrese bread with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup granola cereal
- 2 cups cherries
- 1 cup sliced pot roast
- 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli and cauliflower with margarine
- 1/4 cup corn with margarine
- 1 heated cheese scone with butter
- 1 bite of a ginger snap cookie
- 30 minutes of jogging and walking intervals with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down