Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love A Challenge

Today was great! I got a number of things accomplished, squeezed in a nice visit with one of my best friends, and convinced myself that buying the unusually-me pair of heels that I saw last week and couldn’t stop wanting was a good idea. I avoided a serious ice cream craving by choosing a low calorie, no fat popsicle option. I even went for a run with my husband and managed to go none stop for a half an hour! I haven’t done a non-interval jog for about two months, so I was particularly pleased with that. It was just an all around good day!

Then there’s this week, which is going to be crazy and challenging. Tomorrow I have a bachelorette party that will be taking place at a few different venues throughout the day and then I will be spending Sunday helping the bride-to-be tackle a bunch of last minute details for her upcoming marriage. Thursday is a travel day, Friday is the rehearsal dinner, Saturday’s the wedding, and then next Sunday is the gift opening and another travel day. So between all of the opportunities for eating poorly which I have no doubt will occur on all of those days, combined with the excessive busyness which will probably keep me from most decent exercise, I am thinking that my previous use of the word ‘challenging’ may actually be an underestimate. At least this is a happy hectic!

By the way, there is another book giveaway at the publishing company where I write my online column. Just in case you like free stuff!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 cup cherries
- 3/4 cup fat free raspberry pomegranate yogurt with 1 cup Multigrains cereal
- 1 banana
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 2 cups celery with light peanut butter
- 1 fat free cherry popsicle
- 1 fat free orange popsicle

EXERCISE:
- 30 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker