The dragon boating regatta today was amazing! We came in second place overall and I was awarded my very first sports medal ever!!! Woo hoo! I was so excited to receive it!!! We really worked hard as a team and I am so proud to be a part of such an amazing and fun group of people!
We also won the challenge component that they held after the competition races were over. We essentially had to paddle in a tight figure eight in the shortest time, and we ended up beating second place by eighteen whole seconds! Our coach briefed us on a really good strategy right before we went out and that, and our teamwork, really paid off. By finishing first for the challenge race we won free entrance into next year's competition! And it was a huge amount of fun!!!
Actually the entire day was fun! We even went over to our manager's apartment after and had a barbecue to celebrate. There was a lot of food there and fairly limited healthy choices. I started out navigating things in a limiting manner and stuck with that fairly well. I sampled lots of different stuff, but I didn't actually overeat. The calorie intake was probably higher than normal because of the types of foods I ate, but I feel like I did pretty well considering.
It was an awesome day with lots of exercise, camaraderie, and an extremely festive atmosphere! I can't wait for next time!!!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 2 scrambled eggs with salt and pepper
- 1 heated blueberry muffin with margarine
- 1 homemade blueberry scone
- 1 banana
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 1 cranberry almond multi-grain bar
- 1 sandwich on white bread containing whole grains with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 1 glass aloe vera drink
- 5 pita chips with homemade hummus
- 5 strawberries
- 20 tortilla chip rounds with spinach dip
- 1 glass sangria with fruit
- 1 tiny glass of port
- 1/2 cup steak
- 1 Bavarian smokie
- 1 cup macaroni salad
- 2 chicken wings with sweet chili sauce
- 2 slices white bread
- 4 bites caramel chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 1 1/2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 1 slice stuffed crust Hawaiian pizza with ranch dip
- 6 hours at a dragon boating regatta (approximately 30 minutes on the water)