In a very last minute, but completely fitting, decision, I have decided to join Deb’s Freedom Challenge! Corresponding very nicely with my timing of declaring temporary maintenance, a couple of the blogs that I read were making mention of this wonderful event and so I popped over to Deb’s site to investigate.
In a nutshell, this challenge is exactly what it sounds like. For four weeks, the goal is to commit to gaining freedom from something - be it food, poor health, stress, or anything else that fits the bill. Naturally, I will be staking my claim for freedom in the name of maintenance.
Nothing has changed since yesterday. I am not aiming to stay locked on a specific number, nor will I be doing this for the long run. But, for the next four weeks – which coincidentally very nicely coincides with my prior statement of doing this for the month of July – I am going to stop actively trying to lose weight.
So, I guess the goal is old news, but at least participating in something like this is a novel concept. Plus, I have always loved the fun badges that accompany these types of challenges and I think that being a part of such a well-timed endeavor will help me to stay committed to my current objective. Some things are just meant to be!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli turkey, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 2 cups wheat and rice flakes granola cereal
- 12 golden delicious apples with cinnamon
- 3 narrow slices toasted white calabrese bread with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 2 cups meat lasagna
- 1 piece garlic bread
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream with sprinkles
- 1 hour and 10 minutes of rowing a dragon boat