Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Best Of Intentions

Every day I think, “Today I will have the opportunity to do a proper journal entry,” or “I will make sure that I set aside some time just to blog about my journey.” Yet each day still ends up with a lackluster rehashing of how I just can’t seem to get to it all.

Well, how’s this for insight: this is an exact replication of what I am currently doing in regards to my weight loss. Every day I swear I will do better and I make assurances to myself that yesterday’s mistakes will be left in the past as I more forward, making better choices. And yet…

Gee, I wonder if one has anything to do with the other?

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- 1 toasted English muffin with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 8 whole wheat crackers with cheese
- 1 cheeseburger on a white hamburger bun with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and sauce
- 8 French fries with salt and ketchup
- 1/4 glass of cola
- 1 piece of lime yogurt mousse cake topped with white chocolate
- 1 bite of a churro
- 1/2 chocolate cream filled cookie topped with chocolate sugar crystals
- 2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend

EXERCISE:
- 35 minute walk

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm a good parallel you've drawn, perhaps the two are not unrelated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably does but guess what.... You're still posting. You're still trying. You're still getting on here each day and writing and posting your food. It may not be perfect and may not be what you want to do but you're doing something positive. It's a step forward and not a step backwards. Be proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever read the book "The Writing Diet" Write Yourself Right Size" by Julia Cameron? If not, you can check it out here:

    http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Diet-Write-Yourself-Right-Size/dp/1585426989/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287318028&sr=8-1

    It's a great tool for discovering the "why" of why we hang on to unhealthy habits. A great tool for breaking through old bad behaviors. I used it at the beginning of this year and am down 35 pounds. Don't think I'd b where I am today if I hadn't taken the time to complete the exercises Cameron lays out in the book.

    You've come so far. There's not doubt you can get to where you want to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have some new stressors in life? What do you think is holding you back? You are on the right track, back to heading to your goal via the scale. Keep it up. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From where I sit, you are often very hard on yourself. Very critical? But also I see a beautiful soul who is simply finding her balance, which takes some time.

    Please be gentle with your spirit. You are a lovely person who lives a full life, far beyond food obsession and weight obsession.

    That is rare and awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker