I had a great talk with my husband this evening about my struggles – or, more specifically, our struggles – with this journey of late. We have both gained back approximately the same amount of weight and are going through very similar issues with craving sweeter foods, being less careful with what we are eating in general, and being more prone to miss out on exercising. Plus, we have been doing so while in each other’s presence, so it becomes a bit of a cyclic system with each of us lacking in our steadfastness and dedication to stay on track which then makes it easier for the other person to do the same.
I think, though, that the conversation we had this evening will help. Neither of us are overly happy with how we have been doing and so I think getting back on the same page with the intention to do better together will really make things easier. It always helps to have someone fight the fight by your side!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 1 chocolate delite fiber bar
- 1/4 cup homemade granola
- 1 homemade blueberry strawberry and white chocolate muffin with butter
- 2 homemade lavender shortbread cookies
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, broccoli, and red and yellow peppers with Mexican dip
- 3 slice Hawaiian pizza
- 1 pumpkin spice steamed soy milk
- 1 large ginger molasses cookie
- 2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 45 minute walk