Sunday, September 5, 2010

For Love Or Ice Cream

My husband chatted with me this evening about something that I wasn’t expecting. We were on our way home and I asked if we could pick up the ice cream blend we have been treating ourselves with far too often lately. He agreed, but with the caveat that it be the last time that I make such a request to him.

He said that he was fine with me going on my own to indulge if I wish, but that he did not want to keep doing so anymore. He went on to say that he feels really bad when he eats those treats lately because we have been doing so in such a regular manner. He wants to continue making the choices that aren’t going to leave him feeling guilty about not eating more healthily.

This was all coming from a man who, approximately one year ago, was choosing to sustain himself with little more than cola and fast food.

Needless to say, I was shocked, but beyond proud of the way in which he handled the situation by respecting both me and himself. I am so lucky to have this amazing man in my life and I want to make sure that we can enjoy countless years together. Eating healthier obviously needs to be a part of that.

He has supported me in so many tiny and enormous ways over the last year and I owe him the same respect. The love that I have for that man is beyond anything I have ever known, and I will spend the rest of my life making sure that he knows it. Even if it means cutting down on my ice cream!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 4 glasses of water
- 1 sandwich on a Kaiser bun with deli ham, cheese, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 large root beer milkshake
- 1 1/2 cups onion rings with honey mustard sauce
- 1 cheeseburger on a hamburger bun with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and seasoned mayonnaise
- 1 cup steamed broccoli and cauliflower with margarine
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes with margarine
- 6 meatballs with ketchup
- 1/2 cup butterscotch pudding
- 2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend

EXERCISE:
- 10 squats

6 comments:

  1. This summer I've avoided overindulging on ice cream by not bringing it into the house. We've gone to the local ice cream parlor a few times and I got a kiddie size ice cream which is just enough and I don't have to worry about it calling me from the freezer for days. It wouldn't be summer without a little ice cream, right?

    I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a blog award. Stop by my blog to pick it up.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a tub of ice cream! But that is something I do quarterly. My big issues are overeating at night, and I have been trying to take more steps and do more things to make up the difference.
    Sometimes after "treat weekends" my hubby and I do a two&two for a week...that is, low calories for two days (1200) and medium calories for two days (1600) and we'll both lose between 2 and 4 lbs each.
    I prefer it when we're both on board, like you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a very supportive husband and that your healthy eating habits have rubbed off on him. Its so wonderful to see a husband and wife working together to become healthier. Good luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just found your blog, will be following. Please reciprocate! I am on a weight loss journey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He really loves you.

    My man loves ice cream! I've started freezing a blend of Greek yogurt and frozen fruit for a healthy substitution, because I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker