A very short while after I wrote about my weigh in today – about how proud I am of this week’s loss – my mom told me that the shorts that I was wearing looked tight. Now I love my mom, and ultimately appreciate the honesty, but still… I have to admit that it really hurt to hear.
I changed. Pretty much the second I had the opportunity to, I slipped into a pair of jeans. The problem though is that she is right. I was just saying to my husband that my clothes are fitting tighter, and after that exchange with my mom this afternoon I told him that I really only have a single pair of pants (the ones I had changed into) that I feel completely confident in wearing right now.
A little while ago I even thought about pulling out some of the bigger sizes that I had packed away a few months back. At least then I wouldn’t struggle to find something to wear in the mornings. But, for pride or foolhardiness or obstination I did not decide to go that route. Instead, I have been wearing what I have and just making it work with slightly looser and longer shirts to hide the muffin top that has been poking over my pants.
I just realized that I am not sure to what end I am writing about this. To complain about my mother’s comment; to confess about my ill-fitting clothing; to challenge my own conceptions… Regardless, I felt like I should journal about this, so here it is. It’s just one more entry in a long series of semi-related posts in the world of a woman doing her best to gain insights as she loses inches.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 4 cups apple cinnamon flavoured corn, wheat, and oat cereal with 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup wheat and oat multi-grain cereal
- 1 mug decaffeinated tea with milk
- 1 glass iced tea
- 2 cups spaghetti with meat sauce
- 1 cup meatballs
- 2 slices homemade bread with butter
- 1 cup Caesar salad with Parmesan cheese and croutons
- 1 1/2 pieces homemade cinnamon loaf
- 2 1/2 cups popcorn with butter
- 1 eggnog shortbread cookie
- 3/4 large hazelnut tart
- 2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 10 squats