This evening, I was walking through a department store, looking at Halloween costumes when my eye started to wander to the seasonal bags of candy and chips and other goodies. I thought, “I can just get one bag. What’s the harm?” Then I decided, no, I can buy something, but there is no reason to purchase a whole bag. So I started to look at the normal displays of chocolate bars and caramels and typical sugary temptations. That’s when my cravings went into overload. I suddenly wanted one of everything and quickly started to make a shortlist of the few things I would get so that I could go home, relax, and partake in all the treats.
Then, from out of nowhere I heard a voice absolutely screaming at me to get out! “What are you doing? Go away!” it yelled, and I obeyed without a second thought. “Start moving! Don’t look back! One foot in front of the other! Keep your head down and keep on going!” I was startled, but I did what the voice was telling me to. How could I not given that it was coming from inside my own head?
On top of that I faced a minor conflict a little later on. My inclination to reach for my running shoes instead of a pastry surprised me, but I went with it. Who am I to argue when my conscience is treating me right?
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 2 grilled cheese sandwiches on whole wheat bread with margarine
- 1 cup peach yogurt
- 1/2 banana strawberry frozen yogurt tube
- 1 slice of a vanilla cream roll log
- 6 inch sub on an Italian herbs and cheese bun with deli ham, deli turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, onion, green pepper, light mayonnaise, honey mustard, and pepper
- 1/2 glass root beer
- 1 white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie
- 1 glazed doughnut
- 1 pumpkin spice steamed soy milk
- 30 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute walking warm up and a 5 minute walking cool down