Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wrapping Up The Day

I ate the most delicious wrap a couple hours ago! My plan was to buy pita bread and cut the pieces in half horizontally to end up with two whole circles but only fifty percent of the calories, but my mind went to mush after staring at all the nutritional information on the different packages and I came home with soft tortilla shells instead. Anyhow, I laid one out, slapped on a couple condiments and put some deli ham onto it, and then made two really good decisions. First, I took out my prepared Seven Day Salad and used a cup of that for the greens and then I grated up the cheese I wanted. Since the grated cheese was easier to sprinkle over the whole wrap than arranging sliced pieces evenly, I’m pretty sure that I used only a quarter of what I normally would have. It was so good! I am writing this just to stay glued to my chair and not get up to make another one.

I did well with the planning ahead today. I knew that I was returning to my friend’s house that I talked about a few posts back - the one who usually brings out the snacky foods - so I packed up a container of cut veggies before I left and took it with me. I mentioned to her when I got there that I had brought them to try and avoid the stuff she usually provides as sustenance and she was great about it, just like I knew she would be. She even offered to cut up extra carrots when she put out the inevitable crackers. Speaking of which, I avoided the crackers and some homemade cookies that she had laying around. I think I get extra points for turning down the cookies though, because she gave me some as a Christmas present last year and I still remember how wonderful they were and how much I loved them.

Great, now I’m thinking about those cookies. Plus, I’m still drooling for another wrap…

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups of Seven Day Salad with low fat blueberry and pomegranate dressing
- 2 hard boiled eggs with calorie wise Miracle Whip
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 chicken strips
- 2 cups of pasta with tomato sauce
- 6 cherries
- 2 cups of a mushroom, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot platter with hummus
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with thin sliced smoked ham, grated cheese, 1 cup of Seven Day Salad, calorie wise Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper

EXERCISE:
- 30 minute walk

6 comments:

  1. You DO deserve extra points for avoiding the cookies!!! Personally, I've never met a cookie that I didn't like.^_^
    And bonus points on top of that for planning ahead and bringing your own pre-cut veggies to snack on. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, you just start your blog, and before you know it, someone has given you a blog award. Imagine that. Check out my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I love all of the great food ideas on your blog and will certainly be stealing some of them! Congrats on starting your blog too. You'll find so much inspiration and encouragement and support here. I look forward to following your journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wrap sounds delicious!

    It's so wonderful how things worked out with your friend. I'm always amazed by how easy these things sometimes are. Like, I don't know if I'd have the courage to do that, but you just did it, and it was fine.

    Anyway, I stopped by here via Jo's blog, and it seems like it's definitely a worthy recommendation. I'm going to be following, see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you say, the inspiration, encouragement, and support that I have found in the blogosphere has been great and was exactly what I needed. I am lucky to have a couple of truly understanding friends like the one I mentioned in this post too. Not everyone gets how tough this journey is, but when you find someone who does, their support is truly immeasurable.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker