I had an incredible workout day! I did dragon boating earlier on and still had enough steam in the engine to manage a jog with walking intervals tonight. Both activities felt superb and I know they really got my heart pumping and my body moving with genuine strength!
The best way I can describe the rowing is to say that it was the easiest and the hardest practice we have had so far. Everything just seemed to flow naturally and we were really in sync and having fun out on the water as a team. At the same time though we put forth more speed, power, and general intensity than we have in any previous session. Plus, they had me in lead again, which I love. The whole experience was awesome!
Then, this evening when I was out for a run, I just truly enjoyed myself. I felt like I was putting forth a really good effort, but not like I was ready to keel over. It was the perfect balance! I ended my exercise feeling strong and uplifted even though I had expended a massive amount of energy.
It’s funny to think that such a short time ago I was (literally and figuratively) in the worst shape of my life. Now, just eight months into this journey, I can honestly say that I am fitter than I have ever been. That is saying a lot! And to know that I have actually gotten to a point where I enjoy, and even crave, vigorous exercise is amazing to me. I certainly have experienced a lot of changes over the last 35 weeks. I say: bring it on!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 1 small Mandarin orange
- 1 mug coconut steamed soy milk
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 cup trail mix
- 1/2 cup corn with margarine
- 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli and cauliflower with margarine
- 2 slices pork loin
- 1 small piece garlic bread
- 2 blueberry flavoured fruit crisp bars
- 1 hour and 10 minutes of rowing a dragon boat
- 20 minute walk
- 50 minutes of jogging with walking warm up, intervals, and cool down (40 minutes of actual jogging)