Today was really bad on the food front. But, I have to say that what I ate was done consciously and not as a binging episode or due to negative emotions or anything. Maybe that makes it worse since I was in full control of my decisions, but I think it is actually a good thing.
I started the day off as normal and didn’t anticipate any deviation from my typical fare. Then I got confirmation of something that I am really excited about and suddenly the eating started to go downhill. I wanted to celebrate. So, I went to McDonald’s and had a single cheeseburger, plus I located one of my favourite specialty shops and I purchased and ate three chocolates from there. To me that felt like the perfect way to acknowledge that I was deserving of a little treat. I was satisfied with what I had eaten and felt completely ready to move forward from my indulgence.
Then, however, as the day drew to a close, I was feeling like I hadn’t had the opportunity to celebrate as much as I should have. I was not craving more food, but rather the enjoyment of festivity over my circumstances. Unfortunately, because it was so late in the evening at that point, there really weren’t a lot of options available to help highlight the gaiety that I was feeling. So I turned to food again.
My husband and I went to a restaurant for a late night meal. I did opt for a salad in a minor attempt to maintain some semblance of healthy choices, but, honestly, it was quite heavily laden with bacon and cheese. When the waitress asked if we wanted dessert we decided to pass… but then we walked around the corner to a coffee shop where I enjoyed a doughnut.
So, it certainly was not a very stellar day for eating well. I feel like there should be a bigger lesson in here somewhere, but I think that this is really just an example of me having more food than I know I should have. I am now bloated. It will take me time to work off the excess calories and sodium. I will have to be even more diligent over the next few days to stay on track. Poor choices lead to consequences. The rule of cause and effect remains tried, tested, and true.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water
- 2 1/2 cups spinach salad with canned shrimp, cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 2 golden delicious apples with cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 mug toffee nut steamed skim milk
- 1 cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard, and onions
- 1 ice wine chocolate truffle
- 1 pecan caramel chocolate
- 1 orange cream chocolate
- 1 skinless chicken drumstick
- 2 cups creamy garlic Raffaello pasta
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup honey nut granola cereal
- 1 mug hot chocolate with whipped cream
- 7 yam fries with spicy mayonnaise dip
- 4 1/2 cups spinach salad with bacon pieces, grated cheese, boiled egg, tomato, mushrooms, and vinaigrette dressing
- 1 vanilla dip doughnut with icing and sprinkles
- 1 hour Body Strengthening class