After pulling an all-nighter yesterday one would think that I would have headed to bed early tonight to make up for my severe lack of rest. Wrong! Sigh… I did manage to have a two hour nap right after my last post though. At least I was not working on zero shut-eye throughout the day, although it was close enough to nothing to sap my energy levels pretty completely.
I did, however, manage to complete yet another massive task and can successfully tick another project off my list. At least I am being productive! Still, I really do need to get better about my sleeping patterns. They are not horrible consistently, but these periodic bouts of severe unrest have been popping up more and more frequently. It wouldn’t bother me quite so much if I didn’t know that sleep is a major factor in leading a healthy life. I am doing well on the food and exercise (although my workout was frustratingly non-existent for the second day in a row due to my lack of time and, now, energy), but I seem to be finding myself giving up adequate rest a lot lately.
I know that when I am physically worn down that I am more likely to feel emotionally and mentally fatigued, and that seems to be a big trigger to overeating for me. So, why am I repeating such potentially damaging behaviors? It shouldn’t be this hard to get a good night’s sleep.
On the plus side, the two projects that I just finished really will lighten the load a bit. I still have a number of things on the go that all need attention, but there are less specific deadlines attached to them. Hopefully, not feeling the time crunch as much will allow me to go to bed at a decent hour rather than working into the wee hours trying to get stuff done. Speaking of which…
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup Fiber 1 honey clusters cereal
- 1 bite of a chocolate crunch cereal bar
- 2 1/2 cups heated tuna salad with grated cheese, grated zucchini, green onion, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 large golden delicious apple with cinnamon
- 4 cups salad with shrimp, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, celery, carrot, and Italian dressing
- 1 fortune cookie
- 30 stomach crunches