I did not want to go out and exercise today! I was all ready to put it off. It has been non-stop raining and windy and my plan to go to the track was sounding more and more like a bad idea as the day wore on. But then I read Amy’s post about how she faced similar feelings and weather today and lived to tell the tale and I felt inspired to give it a go after all! Sometimes just knowing that others are facing similar scenarios and making their way through them really helps with my motivation.
So, even though it was late I headed out with my husband. I mentioned that it would be nice to find somewhere dry to jog and he thought to check out the underground parking garage for one of the local grocery stores. Sure enough, because it was already closed, the lot was empty and I had free reign to run to my heart’s content. It felt great! At one point I specifically recall thinking, “I am so glad I am doing this!” It was a phenomenal run – the best one I think I have ever done! I can’t believe that I just wrote that, but there it is. I am really happy that I decided to go for my jog despite feeling so hesitant earlier on, although now I can’t wait to crawl into my nice, toasty bed!
Regarding my note of excitement yesterday – which, by the way, I am still bouncing off the walls about – I still don’t know if I should really be saying a lot about what may be coming. I am very much a don’t-count-your-chickens-until-they’re-hatched kind of person, but I am also the eternal optimist! Go figure! I will say that a fantastic opportunity seems to have been presented to me – one that would have me doing something I love while working with someone I really respect and feel that I can learn a lot from. Unfortunately, the part of me that knows that details are unconfirmed thinks I should leave it at that and not mention it again until everything has been finalized (probably in a week or two). But, that doesn’t mean I can’t still be ecstatic!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with light peanut butter and light strawberry jam
- 1 pear
- 4 cups salad with sliced deli ham, grated cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, black olives, and honey mustard dressing
- 1 banana
- 2 small Mandarin oranges
- 3 cups Caesar salad with bacon pieces, Parmesan cheese, and croutons
- 1 1/2 cups fruit salad with pineapple, strawberries, peach slices, and red and green grapes
- 1 mug coconut steamed skim milk
- 2 egg omelet with grated cheese, mushrooms, and pepper
- 45 minute walk
- 55 minutes of jogging with walking warm up, intervals, and cool down (40 minutes of actual jogging)