I had a very social day today which was nice; I got to hang out briefly with one friend in the mid-afternoon and then with a group of people I am very close to a little later on. It was great to finally have a day that was a little less packed with stuff I absolutely had to do. It’s funny though: a lot of the conversations I had today were about how busy I am right now and about all of the projects that I still have coming up. Something tells me I shouldn’t necessarily expect a lot of downtime in my immediate future!
When I was out with the first friend today – who was actually the person who commented on my weight loss before anyone else – we were chatting away when he stopped, gave me a funny look, and asked me to go over to where he was standing. I complied and he suddenly scooped me up, completely off the ground, in his arms (he is a very fit individual prone to such examples of strength)! He exclaimed, “I can practically throw you in the air!” as he bounced me in his grasp before setting me down.
The amazing thing was not actually that he was able to lift me with such little effort – my wonderful husband already gave me that thrill a couple of months ago – but rather that I was not worried about how I might harm my friend as he held me. I didn’t think about how he might put his back out or that he may be feeling significantly strained by the effort of holding my weight. I was confident that my mass has been reduced enough to leave that potential embarrassment in the past.
Then, when I was with the larger group of people, I was talking to my most slender and fit friend who told me that she weighs a little less than 115 pounds. That’s when I realized that I have lost one of her! I have dropped the equivalent of a fully developed – albeit extremely lean – adult female! Wow!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with ham, grated cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries with orange flavoured whipped cream
- 2 1/2 cups celery with light peanut butter
- 5 pieces of a dynamite sushi roll with soy sauce
- 6 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 bran muffin
- 1 cup dried fruit with pineapple, papaya, and mango
- 1 hour and 15 minutes of walking completed in 3 outings (15 minutes long, 45 minutes long, and 15 minutes long)