Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thoughts Running Through My Head

Yesterday I bought a pair of running shorts. I haven’t purchased anything like them in years. Every summer I have pulled out my old capris, or bought new ones if it was necessary, to cover up as much of my legs as I could while still providing them with slightly more breathing room than full length pants would allow. On top of this marvel is the fact that my new article of clothing is actually specifically designed to be worn for jogging. Just what do I think I am doing? To be honest, I am still not sure myself…

Then today, I bought a running belt. It’s one of those thin types that you can slip under your shirt and is hardly noticeable; it’s designed to hold small things like identification, keys, and lip balm and it’s perfect for a minimalist like me. I told the woman whom I purchased it from that I had lost a lot of weight and that I had just finished the C25K. As I was getting ready to leave the store she commented on the fact that I am now an athlete. That threw me. I have never been called that in my life…

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 3 1/2 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup Fiber 1 honey clusters cereal
- 1 pear
- 5 orange flavoured sports energy jelly beans
- 1 cup roast potatoes with butter
- 2 slices roast beef
- 3 sweet pickles
- 1 white dinner roll with butter
- 1 cup chocolate mousse with Cool Whip
- 1 square from a homemade butterscotch marshmallow confetti bar
- 2 Cadbury cream chocolate eggs
- 1 mug toffee nut steamed skim milk

EXERCISE:
- 30 stomach crunches

4 comments:

  1. Well you are an athlete now so revel in it. I think the last chapter is complete and you are beginning a new one.
    Now you can look forward to a "new normal"

    You are bound to compare for a while but pretty soon you will feel as if you have been this athlete for a while - relax and let that happen...................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot WAIT To walk in your shoes...you are an inspiration to me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still so strange to think of how different things are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool!!!! From 266 to athlete!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker