When I started this journey back in August I lived not quite twenty minutes away (by foot) from the nearest main street. It took me about an additional ten minutes to walk to the hub of my community where all the shops are located.
I now live a bit more than ten minutes from the main artery and just twenty from all the stores. But I haven’t moved. I am just that much faster!
It’s so funny that there are little pros and cons to each and every part of this journey. On the one hand I am thrilled that I have picked up that much speed in my walking and that it is so much faster for me to get around now. However, there is also a part of me that is slightly annoyed by the fact that I don’t have to put aside as much time to get me to places. I have always recorded my exercise by minutes, not distance, so I feel like I am doing less now than I did before even though I am covering the same ground!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup honey nut granola cereal
- 1 pear
- 2 small Mandarin oranges
- 3 1/2 cups celery with light peanut butter
- 1 hour and 5 minutes of rowing a dragon boat
- 1 hour and 15 minutes of jogging with walking warm up, intervals, and cool down (1 hour of actual jogging)