I went a bit heavy on the carbohydrates today; I’m not sure what’s up with that. I try to be intuitive in my eating – to give my body what it is craving on a physical, not emotional, level – so I just went with it. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to enjoying more of my fruits and vegetables though. I find that I feel lighter and more energetic when my produce consumption is higher and the protein, dairy, and carbs are a bit more balanced in my diet.
My exercise, on the other hand, was amazing today. I managed to add a walk with a good friend and a long jog into my afternoon and evening, respectively. Add that to the dragon boating practice I had this morning and I am feeling super about my high activity level! Maybe that is why my body wanted the extra carbohydrates?
The only slightly negative thing that I have to say about my workouts is that at the very end of my run I noticed a little pain in my hips – much more in my left one. And when I slowed my pace to do my cool down walk I actually found myself limping just a little bit. Maybe I pushed myself a tad too hard? I put a pain relief rub on when I got home and am hoping that takes care of it by morning. I will definitely be monitoring that closely tomorrow because the last thing I want is an injury!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 2 small Mandarin oranges
- 1 egg white wrap on a whole wheat tortilla shell with feta cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 mug toffee nut steamed skim milk
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup honey nut granola cereal
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti with meat sauce and grated cheese
- 1/2 slice garlic bread
- 3 whole wheat crackers
- 1 pear
- 1 hour of walking completed in 2 outings (15 minutes long and 45 minutes long)
- 1 hour and 15 minutes of rowing a dragon boat
- 1 hour and 10 minutes of jogging with walking warm up, intervals, and cool down (1 hour of actual jogging)