Sometimes giving blood just takes it out of me more than others, and today is one of those days. As soon as I was sitting at the juice and cookie table I could feel just how much lower my energy was than it had been when I first walked through the hospital doors. I know to take it easy on days when I donate and so I had done a really long walk prior to my appointment. Thank goodness, as I was pretty much finished for the night once they had drained me.
I am going to turn in early to try and give my body the best chance to replenish what it must. Plus, that way I get to snuggle under some big thick covers since the cold always sets in more when there is less blood in my system. I am sure I will wake up in the morning feeling refreshed (and much warmer).
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 6 glasses of water
- 2 egg wrap on a soft tortilla shell with grated cheese, yellow pepper, onion, and pepper
- 2 small Mandarin oranges
- 1 glass of a strawberry breakfast drink
- 1 banana
- 2 shortcake biscuits
- 1 mug coconut steamed skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups meat tortellini with garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups celery with 1 light Laughing Cow cheese wedge
- 2 hour and 15 minute walk