I have noticed something lately. As I work to get back on plan I am defaulting to a place of ease. I tried a couple of times to just jump right back into things and that didn’t seem to work. So I am making effort slowly. No, I am not on plan as much as I would like to be able to say, but I am doing better than I was. I got in a walk with my husband this evening and even though we went out for dinner I do not think that I went overboard.
I feel like I am back at the start of this journey. In mid-August I set out to simply do the best that I felt I could at the time. I ate better, even if it wasn’t perfect. I moved some, although others may not have viewed my efforts as high energy workouts. I attempted to improve each day, and that got me to where I am now.
So, it seems that it is back to basics. Hopefully I will be able to talk myself into increasing my efforts a little more every day. For tonight, considering that it is no secret that I have been struggling lately, I am content with the fact that I am simply still trying.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1/2 cups strawberries
- 3/4 cup fat free strawberry yogurt with 3/4 cup rice and wheat flake granola cereal
- 1 glass mango juice
- 2 fruit creme cookies
- 4 honey garlic chicken wings
- 8 sweet potato fries with spicy mayonnaise dip
- 3 1/2 cups Caesar salad with baby shrimp, Parmesan, and croutons
- 1 slice lemon raspberry loaf with lemon icing
- 1 mug caramel steamed skim milk
- 2 bites molasses cookie
- 20 minute walk