I have been thinking a lot about whether to make the decision to taper off on my blogging. It takes up a lot of time and whenever I get busy the depth of my entries really suffers. I think that in a lot of ways that it would be a wise move to loosen my commitment to this corner of the web and to just post occasionally.
But I don’t want to. For so many reasons, I just can’t bear the thought of such a choice at this point in time. I need this blog. Even if all I write in a day is “grr” or “arg” at least I am connecting to that part of my brain that is accountable to the big picture. If my entire post consists of just my food and exercise lists, I still gain a small sense of focus on this journey. And even though my entries may lack in exciting or thoughtful content from time to time (to time to time to time, as the case may be of late) I yet am reaching out to the masses in some form and hopefully modeling a dedication that may inspire a similar level of perseverance in the face of such blatant personal imperfection.
No, I am not going anywhere. I may not always have a lot to say and I don’t know what the future has in store. Eventually it is possible that this forum will take more of a back seat for me as I continue to walk this path. But, for now, I really am happy that I have kept it up - one “grr” and “arg” post at a time.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 2 Mandarin oranges
- 1 cranberry almond multi-grain bar
- 1 mug sugar free caramel cinnamon dolce steamed skim milk
- 6 inch sub on a Parmesan oregano bun with ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, black olives, light mayonnaise, honey mustard dressing, and pepper
- 7 cheese and potato perogies with bacon pieces, fried onion, and sour cream
- 2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 45 minute walk