Today was the last dragon boating practice for our team before the biggest race of the season. In fact, it is the biggest dragon boating festival in all of North America!
The regatta takes place over two days and we will probably be racing in a total of four or five races. I am so excited to be a part of something like this. As much as these last couple of weeks may not have been my best on this journey, I am still really proud of the fact that I have gotten to where I am. I love that paddling has become a part of my weekly routine!
The time at the festival promises to be filled with fun, camaraderie, and teamwork. Plus, it’s great exercise! I can’t wait to take part!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 1 3/4 cups pineapple
- 1 sandwich on white bread with deli ham, cheese, lettuce, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 toasted raisin English muffin with light peanut butter
- 12 whole wheat crackers with cheese
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 1 caramel cinnamon dolce steamed skim milk
- 1 cup bean noodles
- 2/3 cup steamed broccoli
- 8 pieces of a prawn tempura, asparagus, cucumber, and cream cheese sushi roll with soy sauce
- 8 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 bite tofu with cheese
- 2 bites caramel chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 1 1/2 cups mint chocolate bar ice cream blend
- 1 mugs coconut steamed soy milk
- 55 minutes of rowing a dragon boat