I am pretty sure that today was not simply an extension of how poorly I have been doing of late. It didn’t feel that way anyhow. The last couple of days I have finally been slowly pulling it together in comparison to the previous two weeks of falling off the wagon. Today simply felt like there was no motivation.
I did okay. There was no ice cream or cheesecake involved. But I was pretty munchie and it was hard to care about portion control. My exercise was non-existent. It was just an all around ‘blah’ kind of day.
But I am trying. Even though things weren’t as easy as they have been in the past I am still putting one foot in front of the other. Giving up is not an option. I am plodding along and I suppose that is something.
I am grateful that I decided to make this whole thing a way of life. Thinking in terms of a diet or a weight loss project would make this too easy to veer from my path with how difficult things have been lately. Long term, sustainable changes have made all the difference. Even if it doesn't particularly feel like it right now…
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 2 golden delicious apples with cinnamon
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free vanilla bean yogurt with 1 cup rice and wheat flake granola cereal
- 1 mug decaffeinated tea with milk
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 1 cup sourdough bread with spinach dip
- 3/4 cup fat free summer fruit yogurt with 1 cup rice and wheat flake granola cereal
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and green beans with margarine
- 1/2 cup steamed potatoes with margarine
- 1/4 cup corn with margarine
- 3/4 cup Swiss steak in tomato and mushroom sauce
- 1 mug caramel steamed skim milk
- 10 squats