I have been thinking about how often I should post progress pics and update my measurements. I figure that, even if the progression of weight loss is slow to show, it is still worth recording the changes more often than less. I want to revel in what is being accomplished now and as I take this journey, not to just save it up for one finale upon the completion of my goal.
So, with that in mind, I have decided that the best thing to do is note those overall improvements once every few weeks. I think a good time to record that type of information is on a day when I am already doing an official weigh-in, so I am hoping to be posting an updated photo along with new measurements on the first Saturday of every month.
I am not expecting any huge improvements right off the bat, but I do think it will be good for me to have a visual and concrete numbers comparison. In addition to wanting to recognize what I have already done, my desire is also to fuel the flame for wanting more changes. So far I have been doing well, but I don't want feeling good to replace the reality that I am still obese and still have a long way to go. I want to celebrate every little victory, but also ensure that I don't start thinking that I can take a break just because I can walk up a hill without stopping to catch my breath.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 12 glasses of water throughout the day
- 3 bites of a banana
- 1 large apple
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with roasted chicken, grated cheese, garden tomato, garden pepper, garden cucumber, green onion, green leaf lettuce, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 6 large cranberry and hazelnut crackers
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 1 cob of corn with margarine
- 1/4 cup of Crunchy Cinnamon Fruit To Go Apple Chips
- 2 1/2 cups of broccoli and cauliflower with rancher’s choice fat free dressing
- 45 minutes on the recumbent bike
- 1 set of 5 minutes of weight lifting with 5 lbs per arm
- 4 sets of 30 stomach crunches (2 straight, 1 right, and 1 left)
- 2 sets of 10 lunges for each leg