I went to a couple of different gyms in my area today and got the contact information for two different people who can supposedly help me figure out this whole calorie counting thing (not that I want to count calories – I still need things to be simple – but I do want to know for sure if what I am eating is enough or not). One of them is apparently a licensed dietitian while I’m not sure of the qualifications of the other person whose name I was given. I phoned both of their numbers but no one picked up, so I am guessing I won’t have any luck getting ahold of them until Monday.
To try and have a little more information to give to whomever I end up talking to about this, I went online and figured out my calorie, carbohydrate, fat, and protein totals for the last ten days. It actually made me feel a little better. The 900 calories I was stressing out about turned out to be the second lowest tally over this past week and a half, and my average actually came in at just over 1070. The highest amount of calories I consumed in one day was 1400.
To see that my average is nearly 200 calories more than the number I was worried about does bring me some relief. I am not saying it reflects a perfect food intake, but I am happy that it is not as low as I had feared. My daily average carbohydrate consumption is 144.8 grams, fat intake is about 34.7 grams, and the amount of protein works out to approximately 45.2 grams. Again, all numbers I am much happier with than I was when looking at only the single day. Now I just need to figure out if any of those figures need to change.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with 1 light Laughing Cow wedge and strawberries
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with 2 scrambled eggs, melted cheese, tomato, mushroom, onion, and pepper
- 3/4 cup of fat free strawberry yogurt with 1 cup cranberry almond cereal
- 1 1/2 cups of lemon and garlic green beans
- 50 minute walk
- 15 minutes on the recumbent bike
- 4 sets of 30 stomach crunches (2 straight, 1 right, and 1 left)
- 3 sets of 10 knee push ups