Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thoughts

Thanks to everyone who commented on last night’s entry; I was thrilled with such a large response! I would also like to mention that the green beans I had yesterday were made from a recipe that ‘S.’ posted at her blog, Ethereal Endeavor – that’s right, I actually cooked! They were very tasty, just like she promised, but I should note that I used regular broth instead of low sodium, tabasco instead of cayenne, and basil instead of thyme since those ingredients were already available in my house and needed to be used up.

I don’t have much on the agenda for today, although there is a good chance we will end up at our friends’ place this evening. I will be packing up my pre-cut vegetables just in case they break out some of the snacks I am trying to avoid.

I have lots of things that have been bouncing around in my head – ideas for posts and just topics that I have been pondering of late – and I think that it is good that my mind is naturally turning towards this subject area. One of the very first comments I got on this blog recommended getting educated about nutrition as a way to encourage success. I believe that I have slowly been doing this, and my hope is for the thought process to expand even more so that this contemplation of my healthier lifestyle continues to be reflected in my choices and actions.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading more about your journey (which you are right seems very similar to mine).

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about slow and steady steps. It think it is good that you are reflecting about all the changes that you are going (and will be going) through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be my mantra... I am the turtle! Slow and steady wins the race, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker