I have to admit that this past week or so I have felt like I am dragging a bit. Not so much on the energy front, but more in regards to how effective I feel like I am being regarding my weight loss.
It’s not that I think I am doing poorly, and I am confident that I will see a loss come weigh-in day. I guess it’s just that the combination of getting used to my healthier routine and the fact that I have not felt very excited about this journey these last few days has left me feeling a little less motivated.
I am still committed. I have no intentions of falling back on bad habits or of giving up. But it would be nice to figure out a way to reconnect with the excitement I had nearly two months ago when I started this blog.
It’s kind of like when a new relationship starts and it is fresh and exhilarating, but after a short while the novelty begins to wear off. You’re still interested in pursuing something long term, yet you know - and are saddened by the fact - that there are fewer firsts to be had. Just like the impossibility of repeating that initial kiss, I will never again experience the thrill of my original successful weigh-in. How can I recapture the romance?
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water throughout the day
- 3 cups of cobb salad with lettuce, chicken, grape tomatoes, bacon bits, black olives, hard boiled egg, grated cheese, green onion, and fat free rancher’s choice dressing
- 1 banana
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with strawberry jam and light peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups of Caesar salad with Parmesan and croutons
- 2 egg omelet with yellow pepper, mushroom, and pepper
- 1 mug steamed caramel macchiato soy milk
- 2 cups celery with 2 Tb. Mexican cheese spread
- 1 hour of walking completed in 2 outings (35 minutes long and 25 minutes long)
- 45 minute step workout video (without the step)
- 4 sets of 50 stomach crunches
- 20 minutes on the recumbent bike