Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Comedy Of Errors

So I decided to go for a nice long walk and about ten minutes into it I realized that a couple of the clasps on my bra had somehow worked themselves loose. I proceeded to make my way up an alley so that I would have a little more privacy rectifying the problem. However, as I started down the next lane I failed to notice the swarm of tiny flies a few feet in and had one propel itself straight into my eye. Now picture a chubby woman - trying to keep up her quick pace as she speeds down a back road, determination or stupidity undermining the good sense required to actually stop and resolve this double issue - with both hands stuffed up the back of her shirt groping at the band of her supportive undergarment while she blinks uncontrollably with a grimace stretched across her face and tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Yeah. I am pure class. Somehow I managed to re-clasp my bra and remove the offending insect - or, at least, the offending insect’s corpse - from my extremely irritated eyeball all by the time I got to the end of that alley and reemerged onto the main streets. Now fast forward about twenty minutes.

This was the point that I realized I would need to ingest less protein than usual today. At the exact same moment as I took a deep breath a totally different – and unfortunately larger – fly decided to make a beeline for the back of my throat at top speed. It was like the sucker was on some kamikaze mission meant to avenge the death of his fallen brethren! I coughed and sputtered for all I was worth and even stuck my finger into my mouth, trying to dislodge the tiny bugger to no avail. Eventually the impulse was just too strong and I had to swallow! Gag! I am certain the look of pure disgust on my face at that moment sent a team of spying satisfied insects back to their headquarters where they were able to report on a successfully delivered revenge.

Wait, I’m not done… Although much less vulgar than the first couple of instances, I also managed to squeeze two more irritants into a simple walk. Approximately five minutes after swallowing the suicidal critter, I went to push the button for a pedestrian light and broke a nail. Seriously?! At this point I openly chuckled to myself over the absurdity of the entire situation and undoubtedly amused a number of onlookers as they drove past. All they saw was some odd chick in a disheveled shirt on the corner laughing out loud, staring with only one good eye at her middle finger, and intermittently attempting to spit out random fly bits.

Then it rained. I think I may have given the sky the bird with my messed up fingernail at that point.

Ahh… the hazards of getting in shape.

13 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! Hilarious post...really I was laughing out loud. My husband just asked me what's so funny..oh where do I start!! Great one.

    I'm going to recommend that you take all your walks indoors on a treadmill...at least for now!! j/k LOL!! :) Thanks for the smiles tonight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny. It sucks when the insects descend. You would think with how cold it has been they would all just die. Oh, and I love my sports bra for just this reason, no clasps. Good for you on the walk. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love the way you tell it - hilarious!

    Hope your next walk is less eventful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! Thank you so much for the laugh. I laughed so loud like an insane thre times in a row and my eyes were full of tears. I am still *smiling*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for the laughter this morning.

    I totally needed it and YOU have the best attitude.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing out load and my dog thinks I have lost the plot as I am on my own.!!

    Fabulous post:0)

    Thank you for you encouragement, it is greatly appreciated xx

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! Thanks for a great start to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't help but laugh. Some days it's just one thing after another!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO!!! Oh you don't know how much I needed that laugh this morning...and such a talent with telling stories!! Awesome, awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah! AT least you're laughing about it - how could you not, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! I'm sure you're thankful for something funny to post! When things happen in our lives, it's now...hey, I can blog about that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! Take a nice hot bubble bath now to relax :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, well, I'm glad you all enjoy my pain so much... lol! Glad I could share a laugh with everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker