I mentioned that I made cupcakes from the 'Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200' cookbook and thought I would give a quick review for anyone interested. I actually baked two different sets of cupcakes yesterday: the piña colada recipe and the banana with peanut butter frosting one.
I actually made the latter recipe a few days ago for the first time and sampled one then; today was the initial taste of the piña colada one. In my opinion, they were both really good! Maybe it is just because I have been avoiding sweets for the most part lately, but I thought these were so, so yummy! I had been looking forward to the tropical ones the most and was surprised when I discovered that the banana cupcakes were my favourites. Still, both will definitely be going into my baking arsenal and pulled out again and again. Sarah from Ethereal Endeavor recommended baking them a little longer than the book says which I did – for about thirty minutes instead of twenty – and I think that made a big difference.
In general, the cookbook has lots of really tasty looking recipes that I am sure I will try out eventually (I am still battling to release my inner chef). The one thing that I am not a huge fan of – which, however, makes the recipes very quick to prepare – is the use of pre-packaged ingredients such as cake and hot chocolate mixes. Overall, I am really pleased I got the book and look forward to trying my hand at the cinnamon rolls recipe sometime in the not too distant future!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 2 cups of salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, green pepper, sliced deli ham, grated cheese, and fat free honey mustard dressing
- 1 pan fried mustard chicken breast
- 1 homemade piña colada cupcake
- 1 mug of vanilla steamed soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups of carrots, celery, and red pepper with fat free rancher’s choice dressing
- 3/4 cup fat free mixed berry yogurt
- 2 cups of Caesar salad with light dressing and croutons
- 1/2 mug of decaffeinated tea with milk
- 45 minute step workout video (without the step)
- 25 minute walk
- 6 sets of 15 lunges for each leg
- 6 sets of 15 squats
- 6 sets of 10 knee push ups
- 6 sets of 30 stomach crunches (2 straight, 2 right, and 2 left)