Thank you to Jenn at Watch My Butt Shrink! for the idea of creating my own version of an award. I am following her lead on this one as I have come up with a brand new way to acknowledge the successes of fellow bloggers, complete with a shiny new badge! (I do, however, ask for the forgiveness of others as I don't believe I am as talented as prior award creators when it comes to photo shopping said pretty badges.)
Created with weight loss blogs in mind, but not necessarily limited to only them, The Significant Milestone Award has been designed to be handed out to those who have reached a noteworthy marker on a journey of personal betterment. It may be given to a blogger who has recently achieved a meaningful accomplishment such as a ten percent drop in body weight, a twenty-five pound loss, or reaching their final goal. Anyone who has already received this award may pass it on to another blogger when they feel that it is warranted, provided that they take the time to ensure that they are presenting it for a truly exceptional and important feat. The only stipulation that is attached to accepting The Significant Milestone Award is that the recipient must take at least one full minute to really think about what they have achieved and to feel good about themselves.
I have scanned through the last couple of weeks of posts from blogs that I read and have come up with three recipients for the inaugural presentation of this accolade. If you think that I mistakenly missed you and your recent significant milestone I am certain that I did, so please don't hesitate to mention it in the comments! In the meantime I would like to congratulate the following:
1. Jo from 282.5 for recently reaching the fifty pounds lost mark!
2. Joania from Joania's Weight Loss Journey for running her first five kilometer race!
3. Melissa from Melissa's Adventures In Kids, Knitting, And Weight Loss for reaching her final goal weight!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with ham, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 8 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 mug of vanilla steamed soy milk
- 1 cup of carrots with fat free rancher’s choice dressing
- 3/4 cup fat free lemon chiffon yogurt
- 2 hour and 30 minute walk