Today was unexpectedly busy. I am starting to get the slightest bit worried about my lack of progress this week and am beginning to wonder if I am hitting a slump. The one saving grace in this line of thinking is that I know I have actually had a lot on my plate and am not just being lazy… I unfortunately do have to accept that there really are only twenty-four hours in a day.
Still, it is a little unsettling to see my progress grind to a virtual halt and to know that I have once more not had a good exercise day. The last thing that I want is for this to become a habit! On top of that, my food intake today was a real struggle. The hungry feeling that I was experiencing in the morning did not go away all day and I definitely ate a lot more than I have been. If I counted calories I am certain that they would have all been blown by midday.
The one piece of good news that I have to share is that I somehow managed to avoid the junk food that I so desperately wanted. Although I feel like I probably overate, I stuck with items that are largely good for me and had nary a chocolate nor a cookie. I really hope things calm down quickly so that I can regain my focus. I am not even close to being done this journey and I have to find a way to build this lifestyle into my daily routine no matter how crazy life gets. For now I just keep telling myself that all it takes is one step in front of the other…
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 3 cups Caesar salad with light dressing and 2 Tb. whole wheat croutons
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with flaked canned ham, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 slice of pear
- 8 inch sub on a whole wheat bun with ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, green pepper, light mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper
- 8 pieces of a California sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 mug of chai pumpkin spice steamed soy milk
- 50 stomach crunches