First off, I would like to thank Kathryn for deciding to join the upcoming Christmas Challenge! Just another day or so left until it starts and I am very excited to get going on my continued commitment to lose weight – even through the holidays – alongside all of the great people who have signed up to participate so far.
I went to bed last night with a little bit of a headache and it was still there when I awoke this morning. It didn’t last long after I got up and started going about my business, but I made sure to get all my water today since I know that dehydration can sometimes lead to that type of pain. Headaches are relatively unusual for me, so I am hoping that it is gone for good.
It was another bleak, rainy day so my exercise was almost all indoors. I really pushed myself during the step video and am starting to think I may need to begin using my more difficult workout DVD because even the higher step I have implemented doesn’t seem to pose too much of a challenge with the more familiar routine. I have only done the harder one once before and it really kicked my butt, so I am slightly trepidacious. However, I think doing it a time or two will provide me with more confidence when I start to know the moves, and I will likely enjoy it after it starts coming a little more naturally.
I noticed yesterday that my forearms are smaller. I was reaching for something and did a bit of a double take because they seem so much leaner. I actually thing they look longer too now that they have lost some of their girth. It’s so weird to see the parts of my body that are changing in ways which never even occurred to me as a possibility. I also realized this evening that I am able to shave my legs much easier than I have been able to for years. Gaining flexibility is such a great weight loss bonus!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with flaked canned chicken, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 2 Mandarin oranges
- 5 whole wheat crackers
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with 1 light Laughing Cow wedge, grape tomato, and pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free chocolate pudding
- 45 minute step workout video
- 2 sets of 7 push ups
- 4 sets of 50 stomach crunches (2 straight, 1 right, and 1 left)
- 3 sets of 15 squats
- 2 sets of 15 lunges for each leg
- 3 sets of 2 minutes of weight lifting with 5 lbs per arm
- 30 minute walk