Thursday, November 12, 2009

Where Do I Find The Strength?

I did well on pushing myself with the exercise today. Time wise, it wasn’t as long as a lot of my workouts tend to add up to, but I am pleased that I went with jogging intervals. Keeping the body guessing tends to pay off for me and I am hoping that will be the case with this evening’s activity.

As for what else is going on in my world right now, I need to get a little personal for a minute… My husband is going through a little bit of a difficult time – there are a lot of pressures on him, both from external sources and from within himself – and I would like to take a moment to publicly recognize how much his support means to me, particularly on this journey.

There were a lot of ups and downs for us over the years as I tried to lose weight and get healthier in the past. I asked him for help many, many times as I began each new diet and exercise regimen, but things always ended up not working. When all was said and done, neither of us were ready to make the necessary changes. But this time around, we were; both of us committed and have come such a long way already in the process.

Even with everything that he is going through right now, he still found the energy and self-sacrifice necessary to go with me on my walk/jog tonight. In fact, he was the one who finally came and gently pulled me away from catching up on my blog reading when he knew we were running out of time to make that particular plan happen.

My husband even came to me just a day or two ago and very seriously told me, “I want to make sure that you know I never thought you were fat.” I know. I know with all my heart that he never, ever believed that. His ability to see me as no one else ever has is a gift that I treasure now and always.

I owe the man so much. He is my hero and everything that I need in life, and I just really want to make sure that he knows what his actions and words mean to me. I never would have lost this first sixty pounds without the strength that he lends to me, and I know that his support will help me to reach my final goal. Thank you, my love, for everything!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 12 glasses of water throughout the day
- 2 Mandarin oranges
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli turkey, grated cheese, spinach, dries cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 5 whole wheat crackers
- 2 1/2 cups spinach salad with dried cranberries, croutons, and an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
- 2 egg omelet with mushrooms and pepper

EXERCISE:
- 50 minutes of walking with jogging intervals

11 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful tribute, so full of sincerity and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having someone so close to you that is willing to support you like that is amazing. My boyfriend is the same way. On the days when I keep pushing exercise to the side, he gently reminds why I'm doing this in some way. He wants to see me succeed. Sometimes, men drive me crazy. Sometimes, though, they are the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tribute -- your man is a definite keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed! My husband is no longer able to support me like he used to so I rely on my kids and my friends and in that I am blessed too. It is always good to say it out loud once in a while.............

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! How sweet!! He deserves some extra cuddle time for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kudos to awesome hubby's! I know how great they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. High Five to your awesome hubby!

    Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you took the time and effort to recognize his support and encouragement. I'm sure he appreciates it. I love what he said to you. John told me the same thing, and even now I still appreciate him.

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is my biggest fan, and I his! I am one very lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He sounds like one amazing man! How long have you two been together?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawne, he is incredible! We've been married nearly a year and a half; we dated for about four and a half years before that, so it's been approximately six years in total together. Not the longest relationship in history, but we have faced a lot in that short time and we still have a lifetime left to love one another!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker