I had to force myself to slow down and eat a couple of times today, and then I did the same for going for a walk with my husband to ensure that I got some form of exercise in. I am fully enjoying myself with all of the Christmas preparations though, regardless of how often I am having to check myself in regards to keeping up with this new lifestyle.
It’s good though. All of it, I mean. All of these trials are actually a comfort to me in a strange way. If this were simply easy the whole way through I would be scared that I was fooling myself with an unsustainable plan.
Maybe that seems like a bit of backwards logic, but what I mean is that the challenges are proof of the reality. Having the occasional difficulty now – when I am still gung ho and excited about the new me and the choices she is making– will better prepare me for what I may face in the future. Figuring out solutions while my motivation and enthusiasm are still peaking can only make things easier when I next face similar dilemmas.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 5 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 6 whole wheat crackers with light peanut butter
- 6 inch whole wheat sub with ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, black olives, light mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper
- 1 mug gingerbread steamed soy milk
- 1 wrap on a whole wheat tortilla with egg whites, feta cheese, spinach, and sun dried tomato
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 2 bites of a homemade peppermint and chocolate pinwheel cookie
- 35 minute walk